The Blizard Institute is the largest institute in one of the UK’s most well known and prestigious medical schools, Barts & The London School of Medicine and Dentistry.
Based in an award winning building in London’s East End and on the edge of the City of London, its research output is ranked joint first in the UK for hospital based clinical research and first in London for health services research.
It is home to a lively postgraduate community, and its postgraduate programmes are taught by leading experts and are informed by the latest research. They draw on the breadth of knowledge in the Blizard so that students learn about research methodology so as to contribute and understand research; the substantive theories and knowledge so that students can master their subject; and the practical application of knowledge and theory.
The Blizard is proud that in September 2012 it launched four new and innovative programmes:
- MSc, Clinical Science (Infection Sciences)
- MSc, Global Public Health and Policy
- MSc, International Primary Health Care
- MSc, Health Systems and Global Policy
Already offered are a range of postgraduate programmes.
- Intercalated BSc, Experimental Pathology
- Intercalated BSc, Global Public Health and Primary Care
- Intercalated BSc, Infection and Immunity
- Intercalated BSc, Neuroscience